Van Leeuwen Belgium was founded in 1947, as Van Leeuwen’s first foreign branch. The company was originally based in a small office in Brussels, with storage facilities in Antwerp’s port. The firm bought a site in Vilvoorde, an important industrial city in the heart of Belgium, in 1951. The site covered 14,0000 m² and had a warehouse, so that stock could now be stored in the compnaies own terrain. The firm grew steadily, broadening its market share significantly in the 1970s and 1980s in particular. The most recent expansion occured in 2011, when Van Leeuwen Belgium occupied a new 2,400 square meters warehouse. Van Leeuwen Belgium operates in both the industry and energy markets.